Friday, 13 January 2017

Little things make a home

Being from Mumbai, India, where mostly everyone lives in an apartment/condo, seeing the big houses here in Toronto surprised me. A secret wish inside me grew to have one of those big houses myself, where I can use my creativity, and give it an ethnic, yet practical decor theme.
A condo townhouse was the perfect match for my amalgamation of ethnic and contemporary and we bought our little dwelling in 2015.
Even after a year and a half, the process of making this home is still ongoing.
From the basics to the little add-ons, from the living room cum kitchen to the bedrooms, every intricate detail and decor are important to me.
With this post, I am trying to share those "Little things" that make a house my home, starting from the living room.


Table Decor Ideas

Not really having the liberty of space in my living room, I have moved my center table in a corner of the room, between two cane chairs and I change the decor of it from time to time.
This idea works for all those who do not like an overcrowded room, but also want to add a dash of color and variety to their home.

Sharing a few pictures of my collection

All Season Decor

When you are not in a mood to change the decor often or too busy with your schedule, the safest option you can with is a Buddha statue / any other idol, money plant and candle.
Home Decor doesn't always have to be over the top and expensive. Small additions like adding a flower vase, a candle holder or hand painted pebbles also help break the monotony of routine and makes a big difference.


Festive Decor

We do not prefer to get a large Christmas tree and hence this miniature tree takes the center of my table top. Clubbed with my Red Tea-Light multi-fest holders and a Santa Candy Bowl, this makes for a budget friendly decor idea.



Hope you enjoy this read. Happy Living :)