In my attempt to follow a healthy yet appetizing diet I often wonder how burgers can really be healthy? With the game nights coming along, I tried a snack idea of our very common Vegetarian Burgers, however with quinoa as the main ingredient with the patties. Quinoa is an ingredient I am trying to incorporate into my diet. This veggie burger option is a refreshing change from the otherwise standard black bean or soy potato patty available.
For the patties
|Quinoa and Potato Patty Burger|
For the patties
- 2 potatoes, freshly boiled and mashed
- 1 cup Boiled Quinoa
- Puffed Rice needed for binding
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green chilly paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- Oil for shallow frying
- 4 Whole Wheat or Multigrain Burger Buns
- Tomato Ketchup
- 4 Lettuce Leaves
- 4 Onion Slices, Pan Sauteed
- Tomato Slices
- 4 Cheese Slices
|Served with warm soup|
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the patty and make round patties and freeze for half an hour.
- When ready to serve the burgers, take the patties and dust them with cornflour
- Shallow fry on a hot pan with oil until both sides get golden brown
- While the patties are getting fried, on another pan toast the burger buns and keep ready.
- After that, take some onion rings and roast on the same pan until caramelized.
- For assembling the burger, take the buns, add the lettuce leaves, then the patty, onion rings, tomato rings and add the cheese slice. Add veganaise and tomato ketchup and sprinkle some chaat masala.
- Cover with the other bun bread and insert a toothpick to hold the burger
- Serve with vegetable chips/ fried and enjoy a healthy snack on your game night.
You can also enjoy this with a bowl of warm Tomato Soup and some Salad.
Happy Gaming :)