Monday, October 12, 2020

Homemade Pani Puri (Indian Street Food)

 One of the most common and loved food choices in my household is Pani Puri and the session goes on for two to three days at once. Many of my friends reached out to me for the recipe for the Pani and hence I thought of sharing it on the blog. Every family will have their own version, and my version is a recipe followed by my Nani, then mom, and now me.

Also known as Puchhka, Golgappa, this is a commonly found street food, all across India but is a North Indian specialty.





Ingredients

For the Pani (Water)

  • 1 bunch fresh Pudina Leaves (Mint leaves)
  • 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander leaves
  • 2 green chilies
  • 2 tbsps Black Salt 
  • 1 tbsp Jeera Powder
  • Juice of 1 whole lemon
  • Salt to taste

For the filling

  • Boiled Moong (Green Gram)
  • Boiled Kala Chana (Brown Chickpeas)
  • Boiled Potatoes 
  • Red Chilly Powder and Salt to taste
Sweet Imli and Tamarind Chutney is optional
Puri (Readymade, store-bought)


Method
  • Mix all the ingredients of the Pani in the grinder, add little water, and grind to a paste-like consistency
  • Strain the water and regrind the paste with more water
  • Repeat this process two to three times till you have fresh-looking green water
  • Refrigerate and serve cool with the puris and filling






No comments:

Post a Comment