Monday, February 1, 2021

Grilled Paneer Sandwich

 One question that bothers me every evening these days, What's for dinner? With two kids under 4, a never-ending lockdown, satisfying our taste buds can be a challenge sometimes. My hubby came up with a demand to include more protein in our meals and thus came up with the recipe of Grilled Paneer Sandwich. Few ingredients, quick to prep, combine well with mixed vegetable soup or our favorite Cream of Spinach Soup.  



Ingredients

  • 1/2 slab of Paneer, cut into rectangular thin strips
  • 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into rectangular thin strips
  • Lettuce Leaves
  • Whole wheat / Multigrain bread
  • Butter as preferred
  • Mozrella Cheese Slices
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 tbsp Oil

Method

  • Heat oil in a pan, and fry the Paneer Strips and Bell Pepper strips, until they have a nice golden brown coating.
  • Take the bread slices, apply butter on both upside down
  • Layer with lettuce leaves, paneer and bell pepper strips
  • Sprinkle salt and pepper and layer with a mozrella cheese slice
  • Grill until golden brown on a pan / griller / sandwich maker. I prefer a grill pan for my use
  • Serve hot with a soup for a full meal, snack or cut into bite size squares and serve as an appetizer




2 comments:

  1. Awesome, mouth watering. Definitely going to try a few at home. One suggestion, do have a corner for health food, I believe there would be many like me who are foodies but now need to curtail calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks.. yes I can always provide healthy versions for specific requests. Let me know where you need alternatives for my recipes

    ReplyDelete