The second recipe in the Thai series on the blog is Stir Fry Paneer in Peanut Sauce.
It hardly takes 10-15 mins to prepare this appetiser and it goes well with a soup / salad (Thai Cabbage Salad)
Paneer / Cottage Cheese is a commonly used protein in vegetarian cooking. In Thai cooking, Tofu is generally used and less of Paneer, so you can substitute the ingredients as per your wish. The texture of this appetiser is crunchy and has a sweet and spicy taste. Serve it as little bites with Lettuce greens or as a Yoghurt Dip. This recipe can be made oil-free as Peanuts loose their own oil when cooked.
|Stir Fry Paneer in Peanut Sauce|
- 200 gms Paneer, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp Roasted Peanut Powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Chilly Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 tsp Oil (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Yoghurt / Curd
- Heat oil in a pan and add the yellow bell peppers, diced into medium sized pieces.
- Once they cook a little, add the paneer cubes and fry till the paneer gets a golden brown covering.
- Add salt and pepper and toss again
- Make an empty space in the centre of the pan, and add tomato ketchup and chilly sauce and mix well. Once the sauce starts boiling, add peanut powder and mix well.
- Remove some of the sauce mix and keep aside.
- Mix the paneer and bell peppers into the sauce and toss well until the paneer is coated well.
- While serving, add yoghurt/curd to the peanut sauce that you kept aside and mix well.
- Your dish is ready.
- Veg Thai Curry
- Veg Thai Spring Rolls