Busy settling into my new job, this post is long due to end my Thai menu idea, Veg Spring Rolls is very similar to its Chinese cousin, the Hakka style vegetable spring roll.
A quick preparation, this recipe consists of few ingredients and basic seasoning. I prefer to use the readily available spring roll sheets, however, you can prepare it at home, as preferred.
This appetizer can be enjoyed as a solo dish along with some spicy schezwan sauce or as one course of a grand dinner you are planning.
- 4 spring roll sheets
- 1/2 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup all colored bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste (Can be avoided if you don't eat garlic)
- 1 tsp green chilly paste
- 1 tsp Siracha house (easily available)
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Heat a tsp of oil and add the green chilies and ginger garlic paste and fry.
- Add the chopped vegetables and stir well.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. This helps the vegetables cook faster.
- Par cook the vegetables as they will also cook while frying the spring rolls. Over-cooking them makes them soggy and can cause the spring roll to break while frying.
- Add the soya sauce and siracha sauce in the mixture and mix well.
- Keep aside the mixture and let it cool down.
- When about to serve, take a spring roll sheet, lay it on the counter to look like a diamond and add the mixture in the centre.Fold the opposite corners and seal the roll. Add water on the edges to make the corners stick.
- Fry in hot oil till golden brown and serve with your favorite sauce.
This brings an end to the Thai menu ideas. Write to me if you would like any more meal series and I shall be happy to co-blog with you.